I first was involved in credit at Union National Bank in 1998, and my interest returned in 2011 and in 2012 I took the lead in turning around arguably the leading alternative lender in the UAE and launching a subsidiary in Saudi. The list below links to the core set of articles on the subject.
- The SME Credit Gap
- Closing the SME Credit Gap
- SMEs: The Ignored Middle Child of Banking?
- Lack of SME Lending Harms Large Corporates, Creates Shadow Banking
- The Rise of the Alternative Lender
- The Characteristics of an Alternative Lender
- Why SMEs are Survivors
- SME financing needs from management’s perspective